Leaders worth following.
Meet the decision-makers who have made Decisiv what it is today—and will make it even more successful tomorrow.The Decisiv Platform may be cloud-based, but that doesn’t mean Decisiv’s directors have their head in the clouds. These hard-nosed businesspeople have industry experience, technological know-how, and a track record of growing successful companies. They identified the need to improve service-related communications and information sharing, then developed the Decisiv Platform in close partnership with North America’s top truck and component manufacturers and service providers. Management team members include:
- Dick Hyatt, the team builder. Leads the world-class industry and technology experts who make the Decisiv Platform so effective. Responsible for delivering top quality and building long-term customer satisfaction. MorePresident and CEO Dick Hyatt has more than 25 years of experience building, managing and growing early stage technology companies including SAGE Systems, Automation Partners, Hayes-Ligon (sold to ADP Dealer Services) and Amteva Technology (sold to Cisco Systems). Prior to his tenure at Decisiv, Mr. Hyatt was a Director of Marketing in Cisco’s Unified Communications business. Mr. Hyatt is responsible for all aspects of building a world class team of industry and technology experts and delivering high quality, profit improving products and services leading to long term customer satisfaction.
- Dean Dodrill, the visionary. Founded Amteva and led development of the industry’s first Internet-based, unified communications software platform. MoreChief Strategy Officer Dean has held various technology related positions over the past 20 years including senior project management positions with NCR and ATT. He founded Amteva Technologies in 1995 and, as its President/CEO, led the company through design and development of the industry’s first internet based Unified Communications software platform. Mr. Dodrill secured funding for Amteva through strategic technology partners including AT&T, Bell Canada and Cisco Systems. In 1999, Mr. Dodrill sold Amteva to Cisco Systems.
- Peter Garahan, the deal maker and financier. More than 30 years of experience in financial management of private and public technology and telecommunications companies. MoreChief Financial Officer Peter Garahan has more than 30 years of business experience, 18 spent in the technology and telecommunications sector. He has served as a Senior Financial Executive of three publicly traded companies (Vice President and Treasurer of UNC, Inc. (NYSE), Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Intersolv (NASDAQ) and Vice Chairman and CFO of Teligent, Inc. (NASDAQ)). He has also been a senior operating executive of four private companies (Chief Operating Officer of Chartway Technologies, President and CEO of Medical Decision Systems (MDS), Executive Vice President of Mitchell International and Chief Operating Officer of Amteva Technologies). He is currently an active real estate developer in Northern Virginia with active projects which include more than 775 residential units and more than 200,000sf of retail development.
- Satish Joshi, the technology innovator. MoreChief Technology Officer Satish Joshi has spent the past 20 years designing and developing software for a variety of global companies. His tenure with TIFR, Pegasus Software, Amteva and Cisco ensures broad knowledge of technical and business-related issues of software development. He applies this knowledge to Decisiv’s state-of-the-art software and network based services. As Decisiv’s CTO, Mr. Joshi has built a Technology Team with exceptional networking, database, application and telecommunications experience. Before joining Decisiv, members of Mr. Joshi’s team have designed highly scalable and secure network environments, built database applications and created Internet based voice and messaging solutions.
- Derek Messulam, the biz dev driver. MoreSenior Vice President Derek Messulam has over 15 years experience driving new market expansion for large and small organizations spanning industries from communications and media to transportation. Formerly a member of the Decisiv Board of Advisors, Derek joined the Decisiv Management Team in September 2008. Prior to joining Decisiv in a full-time capacity, Derek served as vice president of market development at GE Capital Solutions. His primary responsibilities were to drive asset and service revenue growth for GE’s fleet services organization, which is presently the largest fleet management company in the world, with a focus on the major car rental and truck services markets.
- Pete Russo, the customer strategist. MoreVice President With over 25 years in high tech, Pete heads product management and professional services at Decisiv. Pete’s previous roles included managing large technology projects and formulating market and product strategies in the telecommunications services market for BT (formerly British Telecom) and Telcordia Technologies (formerly Bell Communications Research).
- Jack Porter, the industry guru. MoreSenior Consultant Jack has invested over 30 years in the truck business. At Decisiv, Jack establishes and leads Truck and Fleet 20-Groups, as well as provides expert consulting and training services to individual dealers, dealer groups and fleets. Jack’s work with Dealers, OE Truck and Component Manufacturers and Fleets gives him a unique insight from both sides of the supply chain.
DecisivConnect as the ‘Angry Man’? Because I hate inefficiency, lack of communication, and anything else that reduces productivity and profits. What I love about the Decisiv Platform is how it makes everything and everyone associated with it work smarter.”
—Dick Hyatt, CEO and Board Member